Thursday, June 28, 2018

My Best Friend

I love humor.  Humor is the best friend in my life.  Humor is the best tool to overcome my anxiety and all my troubles.
I make my art with humor.  I enjoy humor while I am working to create my Art.
Humor rewards when  I hear laughter from those who view my Art!


Camouflaged theme paintings

Whether animals are wild or domesticated, being cute is just not enough to

survive in this manmade world.
Often cute and small can be seeing as fragile.
They need to be smarter, faster, stronger and so on..
For the co existence with human-beings in this manmade world, 

they need to adopt and learn the ways of humans to survive.
I think of very cute animals such as a miniature pig and a baby owl..
In these paintings of camouflage theme, 

I chose a baby owl and baby miniature pig to show 

how they adopt to the environment of the manmade world and survive.
This miniature pig and owl learn that being cute is not enough to 

survive in world.
In this manmade space which has floral pattern wall paper, this pig and 

owl disguise into wall paper as a means of survival in the manmade world.
I used my experience of textile design for floral patterned background on 

this painting.

-Lydia Moon Hee Kim-



Baby pig camouflaged by plushie dolls, 2018
Acrylic on canvas
                                                             12 x 12 inches






BABY PIG CAMOUFLAGED BY FLORAL WALLPAPER , 2018
Acrylic on canvas
11” x 14” inches



BABY OWL CAMOUFLAGED BY WALLPAPER, 2018
Acrylic and colored pencil on canvas
 12” x 12” inches

No comments:

Post a Comment